Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
BASE is the multi-disciplinary search engine to scholarly internet resources at Bielefeld University, provided and developed by the Bielefeld University Library.
BASE complements the current metasearch system for catalogues and databases of the Bielefeld Digital Library by disclosing multiple scholarly full text archives, digital repositories and preprint servers on the World Wide Web.
BASE characteristics include:
* Intellectual selection of resources
* Indexes only qualified academic online resources from all academic disciplines
* Transparency on the data resources included in BASE through an inventory
* Searches metadata and full text (depending on the data source)
* Discloses internet resources of the "deep web", that are not indexed by commercial search engines (such as 500,000 digitised pages of historical journals and review organs of the German Enlightenment)
* Displays search results as bibliographic data and full text hits
* Various options to sort result sets
* Search refinement for authors, keywords, document type, language etc.)