A basic guide to SOLO including coverage; signing in and passwords; searching and browsing options; finding out which libraries hold an item; ordering from the closed stack; placing reservations; connecting to e-books, e-journals & electronic legal deposit items; and how to renew your books >view the basic guide
Books & E-Books: Searching, browsing and accessing
- Standard search for a specific book
- Advanced search for a specific book
- Browsing A-Z indexes for authors, titles and subjects
- Searching for materials on a topic
Journals & Articles: Searching, browsing and accessing journals
Specialist materials: Searching, browsing and accessing specialist materials
- Early printed book and rare books
- Electronic Legal Deposit (eLD)
- Official Papers including parliamentary, government and international intergovernmental papers
Your SOLO account: ordering items from the stack, reserving items, renewals and scan and deliver
- Signing on to SOLO and passwords
- Ordering items from the closed stacks
- Reserving an item which is out on loan
- Ordering an electronic copy using Scan and Deliver
- Renewing your books and your account
Added Features: Exporting to Endnote, RefWorks and other reference managers; emailing, printing and saving items; setting up email alerts and RSS feeds
- Exporting to reference management software (Endnote, RefWorks etc)
- Emailing, printing and saving items to e-shelf
- Saving searches & setting up email alerts / RSS feeds
Help. feedback & workshops
Trying to find SOLO? http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Help using SOLO - For help using SOLO (for example searching, placing holds and reservations and using SOLO's advanced features, please contact SOLO Live Help on SOLO home (or outside office hours please use the Ask an Oxford librarian service). Alternatively for detailed help with searching in your subject area please contact your subject librarian.
Problems with your SOLO account - If you have a query about your loans, fines, reservations etc. please contact SOLO Live Help on SOLO home or speak to the librarian at the relevant library.
SOLO workshops - To find out about SOLO workshops and to book your place see our timetable.
Items which are not held in Oxford? - If you wish to use an item which is not held in Oxford, it may be possible to request an inter-library loan
Catalogue errors - Please report any errors or corrections to the catalogue to the Bibliographic Maintenance Team.
SOLO Feedback - Please use the SOLO feedback form to tell us what you think about the interface and the general SOLO user experience.