As the Bodleian Libraries are closed to both staff and readers we regret to say that we are unable to give access to electronic Legal Deposit at this present time.
Electronic Legal Deposit is not the same as commercially available digital material it is a special collection. All the Legal Deposit Libraries are bound by the same UK legislation that restricts access to this material.
For more information please see our library guide: https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/eld-explained
If you urgently require access to a book please use our book recommendation form at https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/finding-resources/recommendations the Bodleian will investigate purchasing an e-book for you.
is the search and discovery tool of the major collections of the libraries of the University of Oxford
'Oxford Collections' is the best option to use when searching for a specific item in Oxford's printed or online* collections. It searches:
1. Printed and Physical Holdings
'Oxford Collections' searches the vast majority of the printed and physical holdings of the Bodleian Libraries and most Colleges and other libraries affiliated with the University of Oxford. At the moment it does not search:
2. Online books, journals and databases
'Oxford /Collections' searches the electronic holdings of the Bodleian Libraries including our world class collections of subscription e-journals, e-books and databases, plus journal titles received via Electronic Legal Deposit
*Please note that when you search for journals and databases in the 'Oxford Collections' option you can only search by journal or database title. You can not search within the journal or database itself. For example, in 'Oxford Collections' you can search for the journal Nature but you can not search for articles within Nature. Similarly you can search for the database JSTOR but you can not search for articles within JSTOR. If you want to search for articles within journals and databases from SOLO use the 'Articles' option instead. You can search for e-books by author, title or subject headings, but again you can not search within e-books, e.g. for chapter titles or specific words, using 'Oxford Collections'.
3. Items scanned as part of the Oxford Google Books Project
'Oxford Collections' searches scanned versions of (mainly 19th century) library materials digitised as part of the Oxford Google Books project.
4. Oxford University Research Archive (ORA)
'Oxford Collections' searches research papers and theses by members of the University of Oxford, which have been deposited in the Oxford Research Archive.
The Articles option searches for journal articles and papers drawn from these sources:
1. Primo Central - Primo Central is a cross-disciplinary resource comprising citations to about 400 million journal articles. Please note that Primo Central performs a broad search engine type search which is comparable to Google Scholar and lacks many of the features and functionality of specialist subject databases. If you need to complete a thorough literature or systematic review, you are therefore advised to consult specialist databases in your subject area or to seek help from your subject librarian
2. Journal articles deposited via Electronic Legal Deposit.
3. Articles from ORA (Oxford University Research Archive).
At the moment SOLO does not search:
Take a look at Finding specialist materials for help with navigating these, and other specialist, materials.
Live Chat is available 9 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 7 pm Saturday and Sunday whilst Bodleian Libraries sites and reading rooms are closed until further notice.