Trip PRO – Find evidence fast
OUH Resource of the Month November 2023
Trip PRO is a clinical search engine designed to allow users to find and use high-quality research evidence to support their practice and/or care. Trip has been online since 1997 and in that time has developed into a source of evidence-based content. As well as research evidence it also allows clinicians to search across other content types including images, videos, patient information leaflets, educational courses and news. Trip Pro is an upgraded offering that takes the free version of Trip and includes more content, more functionality, no adverts.
Trip PRO content is always evidence based and is indexed from several sources including: Pubmed, Cochrane, New England Journal of Medicine, World Health Organisation, Evidence Based Practice, PROSPERO, NICE and BMJ
Trip Pro includes the following additional features and functionality:
The Trip Medical Database is free. However, to access the enhanced features of the PRO version, log in to an OUH Trust PC and go to the Trip website for automatic access to the Pro version.
For offsite access, or if you are using other devices or networks, access Trip PRO by following the steps below:
1. Go to the Trip Medical Database website
2. Click on the Login link in the top right corner of the page
3. Click on the 'Institution Login' button (pictured below)
4. Select 'NHS in England' as your institution, if prompted.
5. Log in with your OpenAthens credentials, if prompted.
If you don't have an OpenAthens account, please refer to our OpenAthens research guide.
1. Sign in to your OpenAthens account
2. Go to 'My Resources'
3. Select 'Trip Medical Database' from your list of resources
We are happy to take your questions.
Telephone: 01865 (2)21936.